Saturday, January 17, 2009

Theme # 99 "Film"



Remember the old days of 35mm film. I do and many of us here at the Village can reminisce about the old days. My first camera was a Kodak box camera. It used 120 Black and White film and was about the size of a small shoe box with a fixed lens and shutter and I believe a small Fresnel glass type view finder on two different sides of the camera. One for portrait and one for landscape type images. I probably got this when I was around 8 or 9 years old.
The image above is all 35mm both slide and print film. I think I am starting to get better at this . This one took fifteen minutes to gather all my old relics containers and another 15 to set every thing up, five shots later here we are. Very little post processing just crop and a few minor tweaks in LR-2 framed in PSE-7.
Exif data is as follows: Nikon D-90, Auto WB, ISO-200, Matrix Metering, 35-70mm f/2.8 lens, shot at 52mm 1/60sec f/13. Tripod mounted and flash fired at -.7 comp.
Eddie

13 comments:

  1. Very nice, crisp photo. I like your framing. My husband is a dye hard film user although he is finally trying digital!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Eddie why didn't you mention the old relic operating the shutter release, you gave us all the other info. Obviously feeling better and a great trip down memory lane, thank heavens I didn't learn on film, my mistakes would have bankrupted Australia. Thank God for Photons. Ron

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those were the days....love the detailed and clear photo and how you used your lighting. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shot. I like the simple set. ~Mike

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lighting and color are great, nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. seems like yesterday and it seems like such a long time ago...how can that be? lol Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one is worth printing and framing! The colors pop and you made great use of the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice! Sharp, simple and clear.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very literal interpretation of the theme and you nailed it! Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. to answer your question:

    I carried it in my hands...it was my "carry on luggage" so to speak! lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice arrangement and lighting, Eddie. I can't believe you still have all those!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really nice composition, and the colors are great. Super shot!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's fabulous! Love the colors and the framing and of course, the film!

    ReplyDelete