Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Theme # 282 Sign, Sign, Everywhere a Sign



Now where could I get a sign like this. You guessed it at a fund raising dinner for the one and only "NRA". Just in case if you don't know what NRA stands for it is the acronym for the "National Rifle Association". I am a life member and like previously stated enjoy the shooting sports. It's actually a Duck's Unlimited sign and they probably donated it. I won this great memento in one of the raffles. The only thing I don't quite understand is that my wife got more then a little annoyed when I hung it up in the nice formal living room. It didn't last ten minutes. So now it's in the basement where I keep all my reloading supplies and 49+ years of accumulation.
This is another one that took too many shots. I kept getting reflections from the windows and had to wait till the light was right.
The image was taken today January 14, 2009 at 1:46 PM. Used my trusted Nikon D-90, Captured in RAW format, matrix metering, Aperture preferred, auto WB, ISO-200, 24mm f/2.8 lens, 4 sec @ f/11, tripod mounted, no flash, no exposure compensation.
Enjoy

9 comments:

  1. Too funny!! I would love that sign!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your wife was very unreasonable - I would have let it stay at least 11 minutes - lol

    Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing sick about the mind, did you just duck out for that>

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great story! Can't say I disagree with your wife, though (sorry...) :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a really nice sign but it wouldn't have stayed in my living room either! Your persistence paid off and you got a nice shot of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great sign! I don't think I've ever seen anything like that before. (I still wouldn't let you keep it upstairs though)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice use of this theme. I'm not taking sides or anything but...I agree with your wife.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the story behind the photo. Good silhouette picture, too. You got the lighting right, no glare anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  9. At first it seemed kind of funny that Ducks Unlimited would contribute an auction item to the NRA, but I guess they both have an interest in conserving wetlands? Just for different reasons.

    ReplyDelete