Friday, January 16, 2009

Theme # 279 "Shadows"



I went out on my deck this morning and saw these diagonal lines which to me appeared intriguing. Got my camera and tried to compose so not all the vertical posts whose shadows were the subject would compete for the purpose of this photo. It was cold 18degrees and windy. I'm still not that chipper with my bout with the whatever. So I quickly grabbed off 5 or 6 shots. The image was taken this morning January 16, 2009 at 10:31AM. Nikon D-90, w/35-70f/2.8 lens at 70 mm 1/100 sec.@f/11. Matrix metering, auto WB, ISO-200, hand held, no exposure comp. There is some thing about this image that sort of baffles me. Like a optical illusion. It appears to me that the image when I look at it, it appears to be slanting down to the right. I even took my ruler and measured the two corners height but every thing is square. Beats the heck out of me. I thought it might still be the illness as I had a high fever for a few days but I think its a optical illusion. There is also a slight blue cast in the lower shadows but I could not remove that cast with post processing.
Eddie

9 comments:

  1. I hope you soon recover from the dreaded sickness "Mongo", it is making you see stipes before your eyes and you were only supposed to see spots, or a doctor. Not bad shooting for a wounded warrior.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's making me dizzy to stare at! Cool shot, Eddie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very spare--looks like an abstract painting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love shadow pictures, and this one is great.

    Glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love what you can find when you are looking, this is intriguing! I also love how precise you are!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful! I love the play of shadows and light. You could even use this one for lines!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great shadow picture. I am a fan of lines too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting. Great shadows. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eddie, this is perfect for the theme. I love the lines. Very nice composure.

    ReplyDelete