Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Theme #364 "Works of Art"



Well I'm back from being gone for a few days. It seems I'm always playing catch up. These "Works of Art" were all hand carved by local wood carvers located here on Long Island. It is truly amazing to watch some of them as they start from a block of wood and a few hours later you can see the liking of whatever they are carving. Over the years I have accumulated quite a few pieces of waterfowl and duck carvings. Our house is decorated in Early American style so these fit in with the decor.
Exif data is as follows: Image taken with Nikon D-90 on January 28,2009 @ 6:58PM. 18-200 VR lens at 1/60 sec. f/11 and 36mm. Aperture Priority mode, Auto WB, ISO-200, Matrix metering, Hand held using SB-800 flash bounced off ceiling.
Enjoy

7 comments:

  1. First of all your image is wonderful, I love all of these carved ducks - what talent! When I was little my dad used to carve ducks similar to these and my little brother used to carry the carved duck around instead of a blankie - I forgot about this until you posted this picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! I love your photo and the story with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been missed in your few days gone! What a great photo of these lovely carvings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Portrait Eddie, dark and foreboding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful carvings by talented artists...my clumps of wood end up looking like clumps of wood! A carver I am not. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely lighting and a wonderful example of some fine craftsmanship. We have a few carved ducks at the cottage - maybe they'll make an appearance in my blog this summer...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back!! Nice photograph of beautiful art work.

    ReplyDelete