Sunday, January 11, 2009

Theme # 328 "Tie The Knot"




We "Tied the Knot" on December 5, 1959. One of the best decisions I ever made. It will be 50 years this coming December. That's almost a lifetime. I was 21 and the bride "Eveline" was 18. To give you an example of the financial world at that time, our wedding cost $500 band and catered affair at a local facility. The Photographer was a whooping $50 and no limos. We had somewhere around 100 guests. And paid for it ourselves. The money wasn't flowing like these days and weddings were very simple affairs. Personally I think its got out of control to spend $40-$50,000 on a wedding. I know I'm old fashioned. A friends daughter recently got married ($50,000+) and within 6 months got separated and then divorced. Supposedly he was a control freak.
I took this 8 X 10 out of our album and scanned it into my PC.

11 comments:

  1. Wow, beautiful picture - what happy faces!! Thank you for sharing - this really is a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your special moment. Love the photograph. The cost of things has certainly gotten out of hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures, I am not sure I want to hear $50,000 price tags, I have a daughter getting married in the next year or so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow %0 years in most states that's Life x2.5 and a $50,000 fine to boot, that is really putting a price on a Happy Marriage. Congratulations in advance for December coming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eddie, you were just beaming! And your lovely bride looks pretty happy, too. Congratulations on your upcoming milestone! (It's a good thing we don't have a daughter that's expecting a $40,000 wedding. She'd be outta luck!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful photo! You two look so happy! Congrats on your upcoming milestone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a happy photo to share with us! By the way, you've barely changed at all! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love stories of people's weddings - thanks for sharing, Eddie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful - you both look so happy and that is a beautiful dress.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A belated Happy 49th, an early Happy 50th, and best wishes for many more to come!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are both very lucky Eddie! The photo is wonderful, I can see the happiness on both of your faces.

    ReplyDelete