Thursday, January 22, 2009

Theme # 4 "A Pair OF...."



Well here we are with another inside shot. These glass eagles have been my book ends since the late 1940's. My mother encouraged reading and subscribed me in the children's book of the month club. I still have those books. Hopefully next week will be the outside shots.
I tried various angles on this shot but straight on and a little higher seemed to work the best. Sunlight from the window really gave me too much glare on the glossy book covers so I covered up the window and used the on camera fill flash. I manually focused on the front of the glass eagle and then recomposed my shot.
Exif data is as follows: Image taken today January 22, 2009 at 2:22PM with my Nikon D-90. Aperture Preferred Mode, Matrix metering mode, WB-Auto, Manual focus, ISO-200, 18-200 VR lens, 1/60 sec f/11 @26mm. Built in camera flash fired. No exposure compensation.
Enjoy

10 comments:

  1. Nicely composed image, Edmund.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job getting rid of all the potential glare. Nice composition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice shot Eddie, when the sun returns and the white stuff vamooses, I would like to see those two pieces with their feet back by something green and the rest of their torso's, wings etc. backed by a blue and white sky, or come to think of it maybe in Autumn to capture a red, white and blue theme to go with their symbolism.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great composition and lighting on this, nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a unique set of bookends..we have mickey mouse! lovely set up of the shot

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done. Great technique to get rid of the glare. How nice to have those bookends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice shot. Now we all know what type books you enjoy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job capturing the glass. Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your take on the theme! Great shot also!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great shot, and great story behind those eagles.

    How do you like the D90?
    Mike~mrod

    ReplyDelete