Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Theme # 43 "Celestial Bodies"


Not quite a full moon but I figured I would get some large craters with possibly more detail. But I like this shot anyway so here it is. I took this out on my deck tonight and because of the high humidity today there was a very thin sheet of frozen ice. I almost went slipping and sliding a couple times with tripod and camera.
Here is one of the best links that I've seen on Moon Images.
It explains in detail the how's, do's and don'ts of moon photography. I found it very useful and for one of my first attempts I don't think this is that bad. Possibly could be a bit sharper but then again I'm not sure. It goes without question I used my tripod, and delayed release with the infra red remote.
Nikon D90 2009/03/09 22:39:03
RAW (12-bit)Lens: VR 70-300mm F/4.5-5.6 G
Focal Length: 270mm
Exposure Mode: Manual
Metering Mode: Multi-Pattern
1/500 sec - F/11
Exposure Comp.: 0 EV
Sensitivity: ISO 400
White Balance: Auto
AF Mode: Manual

16 comments:

  1. This type of Lunacy may kill us all! You or me first I think, I will most likely go from Dengue fever from the Mossies or a broken neck from trying to check the focus, I find it hard to think anything but well of Moon Sgots boy they are tricky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edmund, this is a fantastic shot! I'm not sure you should risk life and limb in an icy fall, but you did get great results for your effort!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice shot, I wish I could get one like this! Glad you didn't fall getting it, what we don't do for a picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a GREAT shot! I'm envious, I tried to shoot the moon last night and I am too ashamed to post what I got. I came in this am to read how to shoot the moon and found this picture as well. Thanks for the advice, I will use it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great result even if you did risk your limbs to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it is an awesome shot! Great detail. Very glad you kept your footing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Outstanding moon shot! Glad you remained upright long enough to share it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrific shot. I'm still trying to get one that shows that much detail!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Incredible detail! The framing is perfect, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice shot! Love the detail.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful! I've tried several times, but got nothing anywhere nearly as nice as this. Thanks for the link! I'm definitely going to be visiting it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome!! I can almost touch it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, that sure is something else. Tried a few times to capture the moon, but just not up to scratch after seeing your wonderful image. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete