Friday, March 27, 2009

Theme # 101 "Flags and Banners"


I am sure that most likely I do not have to explain this image. It was taken a few day's ago when I took that picture of the invisible tower that was supposed to look like a pine tree. Both images were taken from the same spot, the parking lot of the local Catholic Church, Saint Jude's. It was a beautiful clear, very windy day with gusts probably in the 30-40 mph range. It was perfect for a waving Flag and I took about twenty shots. I had the camera in shutter priority mode and started shooting at around 1/50 sec. This gave the flag some blurred movement but I couldn't get it right. So I kept increasing my shutter speed until I had a balance between stopping the motion and lending a little blurred movement to add something to the photo. In this photo there are very slight blurred areas when viewed at 100% magnification. I really like to take images of flags waving in the breeze. Gives me a sort of patriotic feeling.
Nikon D90 2009/03/23 16:53:22
RAW (12-bit)
Lens: VR 18-200mm F/3.5-5.6 G
Focal Length: 95mm
Exposure Mode: Shutter Priority
Metering Mode: Multi-Pattern
1/200 sec - F/7.1
Exposure Comp.: 0 EV
Sensitivity: ISO 200
White Balance: Auto
AF Mode: AF-A

9 comments:

  1. Incredible shot! The colors of both the flag and sky are brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So patriotic against that bright blue sky! Love the sense of movement as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Really proud (Star Spangled) banner on display.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely bright colors and you really did bring the flag to life without losing it in a blur.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous shot...fabulous colors...fabulous composition!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful Eddie! I love the brilliance of the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the vibrant colors! It really pops out against the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sky just sets it all so perfectly...well, that, and the framing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've outdone yourself with that one! I love the slight movement in the tip of the flag.

    ReplyDelete