Thursday, March 5, 2009

Theme # 128 "Greek"


Well if you look real carefully at the equations from my college physics book I think you all will agree with me... Meaning that it all looks like "GREEK" to me. This book dates back to 1961 when I took Physics at the University of Florida. I cannot believe that at one time I actually understood Greek. I mean Physics and all the other Math and Engineering courses. I did well in the sciences but had to take extra English courses before they would let me graduate. I used my new light box with the dark blue poster board sheet for the background. Another plus for the light box is that the light was so good that this shot was hand held and only took a couple minutes to set up and get four shots.
Nikon D90 2009/03/05 21:01:44
RAW (12-bit)
Lens: VR 18-200mm F/3.5-5.6 G
Focal Length: 44mm
Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority
Metering Mode: Multi-Pattern
1/200 sec - F/4.5
Exposure Comp.: 0 EV
Sensitivity: ISO 200
White Balance: Auto
AF Mode: AF

12 comments:

  1. I copied your light-box instructions. Soon I may get my DH (who understood this kind of 'Greek' when he was in college in 1958-60) to make me one. He is the handcrafter in the family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice take on this challenging theme and I can see y'all are trying really hard to make me construct a light box this weekend. Seems like I may have a mission here. Everyone's lightbox shots are really enticing me to join the fray.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for the theme! Glad you are getting good use out of your light box. I love mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's all double Dutch to me, but your life achiements speak volumes in any language.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the focus, and your idea for the theme. I also hope to follow your lightbox tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice shot and great idea for the theme. I use my lightboxes for most of my macros. I have a large moving box now and am making a BIG lightbox. When it's done I should be able to use it for kids to sit in. I used to understand Physics and Chemistry texts too! I even took a whole lot of Calculus and LIKED IT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great take on the theme, and wonderful image!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great interpretation of the theme. Fabulous photo. It really is Greek to me!! Haven't read your lightbox info yet but I will this weekend. There is a lightbox in my future!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You just get better and better, Edmund! Really well done shot. And I love your use of hte theme here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Clever interpretation, great shot & it's Greek to me also!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Truly Greek to me but I'd like to know more about the lightbox.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea for the theme and a terrific shot as well. Excellent result with the light box!

    ReplyDelete