Saturday, March 28, 2009

Theme # 187 "Monotone"


I took this image about ten days ago and did not where to place it in my blog. So I finally Googled "Monotone" and it said basically in photography it means one color like Black & White so since this image had a lot of contrast I figured it may work. This little house is situated in either Baiting Hollow or Riverhead. I am really not sure. When I passed this house I told my wife that on the way home remind me to get at least one shot at a picture. So on my way home I pulled into the driveway got my camera and got out of the car and all of a sudden I realized that this place possibly was occupied. The side door has a lock on it and there are ground lights all around the front lawn in front of the little house. There also was tire track in the driveway. I quickly took about a half dozen shots jumped back in the car and drove off. I wonder if it really was some sort of grinding mill or that if the wind mill was a prop. Any way I converted it to Black and white in Lightroom 2.3. If I can find out any more info on this little house I'll update the blog.
Nikon D90 2009/03/17 16:03:55
RAW (12-bit)
Lens: VR 18-200mm F/3.5-5.6 G
Focal Length: 32mm
Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority
Metering Mode: Multi-Pattern
1/60 sec - F/14
Exposure Comp.: 0 EV
Sensitivity: ISO 320
White Balance: Auto
AF Mode: AF-A

13 comments:

  1. Fantastic choice of theme and shot,Eddie if I had taken that I would have scoured the list until I found a theme, beautiful photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute house. Love the windmill. Your B&W and composition are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great composition, great shot.
    This little place seems as though it could tell alot of stories..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fascinating structure! I'd love to hear more about it if you ever discover details. Your black & white conversion gives exceptional detail and contrast. That is one of the best features of LR, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have out done yourself this time - this is incredible! The image is perfectly composed and love your toning! REally nice work!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning!!! B&W is perfect for this. As always your composition is beautiful. The photo almost looks like an old drawing. I love it Eddie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just wonderful! Such an interesting structure and the contrast is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Superb Shot! One of my favs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your processing does make this great shot more like an architectural drawing, great detail! We all want to know more about this building.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's an intriguing structure to begin with. Your composition, use of B&W, and processing play up all its most unique features.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a great B&W image! The house (?) is quite interesting, looks like it should be on "What's With That House?" on HGTV! I really like this shot! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Intriguing building! The contrasts are great and your shot almost looks like a sketch. Perfect for the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like this one a lot. Lots of detail and good detail in the shadows. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete