Saturday, March 7, 2009

Theme # 107 "Footwear"


These old sneakers were at one time part of my canoeing equipment back in the mid eighty's. My wife and I love to camp, hike, and of course canoe. Today with all the new fancy gear, this, I guess looks outdated. Anyway my DW figured that these were obsolete, disgusting and disposable so in the garbage they went. Well Mr Ed (me) takes the garbage can up to the street and being the type of pack rat that I am checked out what she (MDW) was throwing away. Need I say any more? The sneakers were saved for another canoe trip up in the Adirondacks. Of course they are only back up gear as I now have new and fancy slip on canoe clogs. But you never know when they will come in handy.
I guess I am becoming a light-box-aholic as I again used it for this shot. I use my wide angle lens for the best possible DOF, Manually focused on the toe of the right sneaker and used a tripod..
Nikon D90 2009/03/07 15:09:42
RAW (12-bit)
Lens: 12-24mm F/4 G
Focal Length: 24mm
Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority
Metering Mode: Multi-Pattern
1/8 sec - F/18
Exposure Comp.: 0 EV
Sensitivity: ISO 200
White Balance: Auto
AF Mode: AF-Manual

7 comments:

  1. Very nice tribute to your shoes (and good rescue too!) They look like they have plenty of life left. I like the way they pop off the blue background and the light box is giving you great lighting. Very nice photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want a light box, you are getting some fabulous shots!! I tried throwing away my husband's old holey (favorite) shirt once, and days later found it hanging back in his closet - I let him throw away his own stuff now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey with sneakers that big it must be quicker to drape your legs over the side, and turn those flippers loose, little bit of webbing twixt the toes and there would be no holding you back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so funny...garbage picking your own garbage!! I love it!! Your lightbox is working wonders. Love the shot and of course the frame too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing's better than familiar comfy shoes. The socks, background and framing make your comfy shoes iconic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a really professional looking shot, Eddie! And I must say, those look in a lot better condition than a lot of the shoes in our hall closet...

    ReplyDelete
  7. That blue background really makes these stand out! The water stains make these a good candidate for the grunge theme, too.

    ReplyDelete