Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Theme # 365 "Yellow"


Every day I keep getting further behind but I promise to try and get more photos now that the weather is nicer. This photo was taken at the Railroad Museum in Riverhead , New York about ten miles from my house. I took my camera, dog and my wife (notice the importance of the listed order) for a short ride to this place. It's in total dis-repair and actually is closed. Since this car is on the tracks they did not fence it in. Some homeless people are living in and around some of the other cars but I did not see them but saw only their cloths and garbage all around. The sign on the bright yellow car indicates that at one time it may have been used for a traveling circus. Since nobody was around and the place was closed I could not ask anyone for any information. There's about 15 different types of old railroad cars here. I'll have to go back in the summer to see if it's open.
Nikon D90 2009/03/17 15:19:01
RAW (12-bit)
Lens: VR 18-200mm F/3.5-5.6 G
Focal Length: 18mm
Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority
Metering Mode: Multi-Pattern
1/50 sec - F/11
Exposure Comp.: 0 EV
Sensitivity: ISO 320
White Balance: Auto
AF Mode: AF-A

9 comments:

  1. When is the funeral Dead Man? Love your final shot was a circus train, as there is a chance that you will only be rode outta town on a rail. Been Nice knowing ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice capture, that circus train just pops out at you, kinda sad how it is being used now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool is that? A circus train! It looks to be in pretty good shape on the outside - hopefully the inside is kept up too.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shot. Great colors. It would be interesting to go back in the summer and find out more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful shot of the circus train - the yellow is really eye-catching. Some of my favorite abstract rusty shots were taken at this museum and it's on my list for a return visit - I hope they are not closed for good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice picture and great yellow train. I love trains but don't see these kind around here. So your wife comes after the dog? Hummmm now that you mention it I think for my husband dogs are way at the top too! They don't talk!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a vibrant yellow - nice job

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colors and the perspective you shot this at. Also, I'm glad that it's providing some kind of shelter for homeless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Couldn't miss this one, even when it was speeding down the track! Great colours!

    ReplyDelete