Sunday, February 22, 2009

Theme # 271 "Second Hand"


Finally I'm back to post a new image. There is no big story about this except this is my Seiko watch and as you can see the second hand is ticking away. I used my macro lens and it looks acceptable but really should be much better. The problem I had was lighting. I really have to make a light box out of Styrofoam and few other miscellaneous items. The color temperature of the lamps I used were too low and I have to go to Home Depot and get the right ones. Knowing that I never shoot Macro I now must practice up. I really struggled to get this image.
Nikon D90 2009/02/22 21:48:13
RAW (12-bit)
Lens: 105mm F/2.8 D
Focal Length: 105mm
6 sec.-F/40
Exposure Mode: Manual
Manual Focus
Metering Mode: Multi-Pattern
Exposure Comp.: -0.3 EV
ISO 200
White Balance: Auto

10 comments:

  1. How often do you dive below 300 feet Eddie, then you'd need the second hand to figure out how long you had to live. I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great macro! and the second hand MOVES!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eddie I like this shot. You managed to get almost no glare off the watch face. That's tough to do. I built a lightbox from the ideas on strobist http://strobist.blogspot.com/2006/07/how-to-diy-10-macro-photo-studio.html The only thing I did different was to use white muslin instead of tissue paper (the paper ripped too much) I took the advice of several people and use flourescent daylight bulbs for lighting. I still don't use the lights much - I sit my lightbox between windows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this close up - no glares and that bright blue! This is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job on this tough shot. Does this come with an instruction manual? I'm not sure I can tell what time it is... :-0

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great how you captured the second hand in motion. It sounds like you learned a lot in working this image that you'll be able to use when you get your light box made...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is wonderful! Clear, crisp, colorful & detailed. Great take on the theme & great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful shot and I love the humor in your take on the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your struggle was worth it!! A job well done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't wear a watch, but if I did, it wouldn't be this complicated! LOL Pic turned out great though! : )

    ReplyDelete