Thursday, February 12, 2009

Theme # 196 "Navigational Aids"



There is not too much I can say about this image other then it is exactly like the theme says "Nav Aids" used by the FAA. It located across the street from where my last post (Warnings) was taken. There is not too much data other then that which I got when I goggled that site.

I don't no if you have noticed but I am using my new found toy the Nikkor 12-24mm f/4 lens which through a series of sales and trades I purchased from the Nikonians used equipment forum. I absolutely love this lens because it now gives me the capability of some wide angle shots which could not be done before with my other lenses. Since the Nikon I have has a form factor of 1.5 this lens at the widest is really a 18mm (compared to a full frame 35mm sensor).

Nikon D90 2009/02/11 14:27:41
RAW (12-bit)
Lens: 12-24mm F/4 G
Focal Length: 18mm
Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority
Metering Mode: Multi-Pattern
1/80 sec - F/22
Exposure Comp.: -0.3 EV
White Balance: Auto
AF Mode: AF-A

5 comments:

  1. Really nice shot but considering your last foray into hands, I was expecting a wet thumb held to the wind for this theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shot, perfect composition, beautiful sky but what the heck is it? Maybe some kind of radar? Nice find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool and interesting image - love the composition here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this shot too! Now I have to think about a wider lens..... my widest is 24mm which really is only about 35(digital). I am going to have to see if Canon has a used equipment site

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the composition and the blue sky of this shot. How nice of the weather to cooperate!!

    Enjoy your new lens!!

    ReplyDelete