Saturday, February 14, 2009

Theme # 239 "Power"


Not too much I can say about this image other then these high power lines supply eastern Long Island with some of their electricity requirements. They are running basically East and West. The low setting sun is directly behind me. It's kind of difficult to capture these enormous, high towers but the warm light , the towers and the fall like colors drew my interest. Take note that the whole image is in acceptable focus. I focused on the tall grass on the left foreground only a few feet from where I was standing. This location is a few miles from my home and I figured I'd give it a shot.
Nikon D90... 2009/02/14 16:18:04
RAW (12-bit)
Lens: 12-24mm F/4 G
Focal Length: 24mm
Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority
Metering Mode: Multi-Pattern
1/100 sec - F/11
Exposure Comp.: -0.3 EV Sensitivity: ISO 200
White Balance: Auto

8 comments:

  1. shot turned out great, and the white against the blue sky looks good too (and I wouldn't normally say that about them!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the prettiest shots of a power line I've seen in a while - love the natural landscape and blue sky you caught!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful shot. I love the colors and composition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is really well composed and the colors are a fine balance of cool blue and the warm golden tones of the grass. a very nice shot

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great interpretation of power and wonderful shot! Lovethe white against the blue sky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are actually pretty nice looking as power lines go. And you've certainly made a pleasing image...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, my name is AJ O'Hagan and I have high-functioning Autism. I always had a passion for High Tension Lines when I was younger. I was wondering with your permission if I can use this image for my Reporting Multi-Media Project at Utica College?

    Also, if you have knowledge of High Tension Lines, can I give you an interview via private messaging?

    ReplyDelete