Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Theme # 141 "Hangs on a Wall"


If you read the history on the prior post about the Woolworth Estate I mentioned the Elephant Room. Now you know why we call it by that name. This trophy was bagged by Mr. Woolworth Donahue in the early 1930's. This trophy has been "Hanging on the Wall" for around eighty years. This room is where we have our monthly meetings and many formal affairs are also held here. I have the honor of being the committee chairman for the annual installation dinner held in this room every year in early December. We can sit 150 people comfortably with banquet tables and have a large area for dancing and band. It is one of the nicest yearly affairs that my wife and I go to.

Date/Time: February 1, 2009 @2:14:25 PM
Camera: Nikon D-90
Lens: Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.0
Shooting Mode: Aperture Preferred
Image Format: RAW
Metering Mode: Matrix Multi-Pattern
ISO: 800
White Balance: Auto
Shutter Speed/Aperture: 1/60sec. f/11, Focal Length: 29mm
Technical Notes:
Flash: SB-800
Location: Long Island
Editing Software: Adobe Lightroom 2.2, CS-3, PSE-7
Image Count: /365

4 comments:

  1. A huge wall hanging (and very cool) Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit it is a mighty impressive wall hanging! Nice shot, Eddie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must say I've seen lots of animal heads mounted, but never an ellie! Don't think I would want to sit directly under it! : ) Bet you'll have the only one for this theme! *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very impressive wall hanging! It would give me a start if I didn't know it was there...

    ReplyDelete