Thursday, April 23, 2009

Theme # 79 "Doors"


Well this pair of "Doors" belong to a restored Old Shell Gas Station from the early 1940's. It is located in Yaphank, NY and is part of the Long Island Police Museum. It's really a very interesting Museum to tour which I did quite a few years ago. One of these days I will go back and get more pictures. I took this one today as it is outside and not in the museum which was closed today.
Nikon D90 2009/04/23 18:37:08
RAW (12-bit)
Lens: 12-24mm F/4 G
Focal Length: 20mm
Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority
Metering Mode: Multi-Pattern
1/60 sec - F/11
Exposure Comp.: 0 EV
Sensitivity: ISO 200
White Balance: Auto
AF Mode: AF-A

7 comments:

  1. Great doors. Love the colours. Shell stations still use the same colours - amazing. I like the composition and I usually dislike symetry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colorful concrete blcoks make the white doors really stand out. I remember when most gas stations had doors like these on the side..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great composition! The simplicity of this really draws the eyes to the doors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Killer Eddy, Super Clear detail but I wonder, are all men in NY that use Gas Station conveniences, Left Handed? The knobs bowl me over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you composed this, perfect symmetry but for the pipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a neat shot, Eddie. Great eye to have seen the shot in a couple of restroom doors! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great shot!! Those look like very clean restrooms!!

    ReplyDelete