Thursday, April 23, 2009

Theme # 213 "Orange"


This old orange Shell gas pump dates back to the 1940's. It is part of the Police museum mentioned in the post below. The price of gas at that time was 15 9/10 cents per gallon. What a bargain. But remember that ones salary was much less. I know that in 1951 I worked in a drug store in Sayville, NY and made a whooping 57 1/2 cents per hour.
Nikon D90 2009/04/23 18:29:09
RAW (12-bit)
Lens: 12-24mm F/4 G
Focal Length: 19mm
Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority
Metering Mode: Multi-Pattern
1/25 sec - F/18
Exposure Comp.: 0 EV
Sensitivity: ISO 200
White Balance: Auto
AF Mode: AF-A

7 comments:

  1. Great shot Eddie, hey you are milking that locality pretty well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fun, have never seen a bright orange pump!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not quite old enough to remember 15¢ gas, but it was 29¢ when I got my first car, in the early 70's. I remember pulling into a service station, and refusing to get gas, appalled at the ridiculously high price of 39¢!

    Cool shot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The color and lighting are fabulous. I remember these gas pumps but not the 15 cents/gallon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My uncle collected those old pumps and had 3 or 4 stashed away in his barn. Super colors on this one - nice nostalgic shot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the shell on the top. It lights up, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funky! I like it so much better than all these new ones! ; )

    ReplyDelete