Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Theme # 56 "Clouds"


Today was a beautiful spring day with high winds and lots of big puffy clouds. I was up on Bald Hill taking the pictures of the Vietnam War Memorial ( posted below) and figured I would use this one for the theme title. When I took one of the picture of the Memorial I was facing directly into the sun. So I made a left turn (90degrees) put my polarizer filter on and took one shot. The filter really added to the depth of the clouds and color of the sky. I rotated my filter for maximum effect and then just backed off a bit. I find that this gives a more even effect all over the image.
Nikon D90 2009/04/07 12:36:49
RAW (12-bit)
Lens: VR 18-200mm F/3.5-5.6 G
Focal Length: 40mm
Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority
Metering Mode: Multi-Pattern
1/80 sec - F/22
Exposure Comp.: 0 EV
Sensitivity: ISO 200
White Balance: Auto
AF Mode: AF-A

10 comments:

  1. They look like pillows - perfect for pillow fighting! You captured the depth wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Picture perfect. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful clouds. Nice picture. I like the greys and white in the clouds contrasting with the blue sky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, deep clouds shot, Edmund! I hope your lovely spring skies continue although I wonder if our snow yesterday in the midwest is headed your way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful blue sky and puffy clouds. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice colors and definition between clouds and blue sky.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful shot of the clouds, Eddie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love cloud photos and this is special, another great image.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great colors and definition!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fluffy white clouds make the best clouds for the "what do you see in them" game! The shapes, the sizes, the ideas are endless when there are so many of them like this!

    ReplyDelete