Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Theme # 228 "Patriotic #2"


OK, so you saw the image below that is the Vietnam War Memorial here on LI, NY. When I took the image of the Memorial and was putting my camera gear away I turned around and saw these flags waving in the stiff breeze so I figured why not take a few shots. They are directly behind the Memorial. Easier said then done. It seemed that exactly when I pressed the shutter button the wind stopped for a second and the flag decided to drape downwards and the image did not look very good. So after about 20 shots I finally got a few that looked good. The Lower flag is the MIA/POW flag for the Vietnam War era.
Nikon D90 2009/04/07 12:50:10
RAW (12-bit)
Lens: VR 70-300mm F/4.5-5.6 G
Focal Length: 280mm
Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority
Metering Mode: Multi-Pattern
1/200 sec - F/22
Exposure Comp.: 0 EV
Sensitivity: ISO 640
White Balance: Auto
AF Mode: AF-A

5 comments:

  1. I can hear them flapping in the wind! Nice sense of motion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your 20 shots rendered a perfect photograph. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very patriotic. I'm glad they had the MIA flag too! I had so many friends who fought in Vietnam from High School. It is great that they are remembered so well. I really like the shrubs/trees at the bottom of the photo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you included these along with your memorial photo. When we cross into the US from Canada, I notice that the POW/MIA flag is flown at the US border stations. I always wonder why this is the case because as far as I know, it isn't flown at all federal government buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another one of your super flag shots!

    ReplyDelete