Sunday, May 17, 2009

Theme # 33 "Break the Rule of Thirds"


I was in Riverhead today taking pictures and I spotted this restored 1933 Packard in absolutely mint condition. These old spoked wheels enticed me to take a few shots but here is a good example (IMHO) to break the rule of thirds, golden ratio or the golden spiral. Are not these wide white walls the neatest. I had a 1949 Ford coupe in HS with wide white walls like this. I know I'm dating myself, but I truly love the old stuff.
Nikon D90 2009/05/17 17:27:43
RAW (12-bit)
Lens: VR 18-200mm F/3.5-5.6 G
Focal Length: 35mm
Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority
Metering Mode: Multi-Pattern
1/25 sec - F/6.3
Exposure Comp.: 0 EV
Sensitivity: ISO 200
White Balance: Auto
AF Mode: AF-S

5 comments:

  1. This is a GREAT image. Love the big whitewalls! I'm sure BillZ will drop in for a peek... :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow white for sure! This is a wonderful find - I am sure BillZ will be drooling all over it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great Eddie. Great subject matter and an gorgeous photo. What rule of thirds? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Massively modern tread for white wheels but regardless a feast for the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you've given us a perfect example of a shot that begs to break the rule of thirds. Well done...

    ReplyDelete